Friday, May 7, 2010

Wild Webcomic Reviews 91 - 95

Okay, so I don't have time and energy to get the Newspaper article written at the moment, so I'll do some old reviews instead.  Hopefully I'll get the Newspaper article done for NEXT week.

Hopefully.

October 3, 2006

91. A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is Irreversible - Probably the longest comic title I've ever had. I've actually tried to read this strip a couple times, but could never get into it. Even after reading it, I still really can't. You would think I would enjoy it, it's full of weird things happening, its very artsy in presentation and all that, but it just doesn't click with me. Maybe you'll have better luck. It's in hiatus now, so don't expect updates for a while.

TODAY:  I honestly don't remember much about this comic.  I think it started up again, but it's on hiatus now, I think.  I don't know.  Don't really care.

October 29, 2006

92.  SMILE (A Dental Drama) - Thought I was kidding, didn't you? I'm not. There are lots of comics that claim to be about real life, but this is about the only one I've ever seen actually do it. Well, I'm pretty sure it's real. In any case, this girl is a pro, as in she actually gets paid to draw comics, so this comic is probably just fun and games for her. There's nothing flashy about it (the artwork is very comicky, if you know what I mean), and the story is actually pretty interesting. And painful. Hell, it's about teeth and all the hell she had to put up with. It rings true, so I read it.


TODAY:  It ended a bit ago, and apparently it has been now published.  Congrats.

93. Totally KotOR - That's KotOR as in Knights of the Old Republic, the game. It makes fun of the game and Star Wars, so it's kind of fun that way. There, of course, needs to be more HK-47, but then doesn't there always need to be more HK-47? Otherwise, a fun little comic that doesn't take itself very seriously.


TODAY:  It went on hiatus for a bit, and now it's back and covering more of KotOR II.  Still fun, though the flash interface for it is a bit annoying and pointless.

94. This Comic Sucks - Surprisingly, it doesn't. There are two reasons. First, it's funny, which is more than I can say for Penny Arcade which it seems modeled after. And secondly, they attack Gabe (or is it Tyco, could never tell the difference) and punch Piro in the face in the comic. This makes me happy. Other than that, just a goofy comic about people doing stupid things. They tried a plot line at one point, but it had zero effect on the comic. How novel!


TODAY:  MIA for the most part.  Replaced by a blog that doesn't seem to be doing much.  Ah well.

95.  Pixel - How many jokes can one man tell about color pixels? Quite a few apparently, as this is what Pixel does. It's a simple comic, sort of like Panel One and Death to the Extremist, only more complex in it's design. Yeah, I know, that doesn't make sense, yet it does. There are rules to how the universe behaves, and while weird things happen, they aren't that weird for the most part. That makes it an interesting read, but not one that I would keep up with.

TODAY:  I think it might have ended.  Bummer, I remember liking it enough anyway.

Well, that's it.  Only one comic I still read, but alright.  See you next week kiddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment