Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wild Webcomic Review, 36 - 40

Back again with another re-post of old reviews.  This is also when you'll see the start and end points for batches move.  Sorry about that.

These reviews I actually lost and have no idea what they originally were, as such, I'll try to recreate them. Thus the date for these is October 11, 2006.

36. white ninja comics - I couldn't get into it. It's off beat, simple, got some good jokes, but I just simply couldn't get into it. I know people rave about it, but I just didn't. Color me weird.

TODAY - Still don't read it, but it has been published in actual paper books, so it has that.  Eh.

37. The Whiteboard - It's about paintball. And if that turns you off, then you need to reconsider. This comic is one of the most entertaining strips I read. From the paintball jokes revolving around rules and such to rebooting the OS that operates the nuclear reactor that powers the paintball gun (I am NOT kidding), this comic is just fun and interesting. Oh, and the one bear has more Dew in his blood than plasma.

TODAY - I love this comic.  No idea why, it's just fun.  Go, read it.

38. Gods and Undergrads - Another comic about Greek gods and goddesses living in our time. The difference from Sea of Insanity? It still updates, and it's in color. It takes a bit to get going, but moves much faster than The Front by leaps and bounds. I do enjoy it, and it seems to be telling a decent enough story. Worth the effort to read at least.

TODAY - My comment about color is moot at the moment, it's now in black and white.  It's still slow too, but things happen, but not really happen.  Hard to put my finger on this one any more, but I still check it weekly.

39. Perry Bible Fellowship - Perhaps the only comic on the web today that can claim the crown left by the Far Side and PLiF. It is that weird, and that wonderful at the same time. The format is completely different, but that makes it all the better. If you haven't read this strip yet, you're missing out.

TODAY - Dead, officially.  Which is a shame as it is one of the better surrealistic comics on the web today.  I miss it.

June 10, 2005 (November 2, 2005)

These reviews were posted in two different places on two different dates. This is the Nov 2 version.

40. Station V3 - This is a simple, light comic that's all about the daily joke. The art is simple, the jokes are simple, and everything is simple about it. This is not a bad thing. In fact, for a break from those comics that are just too serious for their own good, this comic is perfect. Light and at least mildly funny.

October 11, 2006 - It's still simple, it hasn't changed much honestly, and it's still on my daily run of strips.

TODAY - 4 years later, and I still read it regularly.  There's nothing heavy or insightful about it, it just tells simple jokes that could easily find a home on any comic page in the country.  The "story" is basically just an excuse to tell silly jokes, and that's about it.  Compared to the many story heavy comics I read, this one is the perfect contrast.

A lot of comics still on the read list here, and one of the ones not there is because the artist stopped it.  Not bad, actually.  See you next time kiddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment