Once more into the breach, and hopefully I get the date set right for publishing. I hope.
May 4, 2006
46. Cat and Girl - This would almost be a Calvin and Hobbes rip off, except it's not. Now that I have the box set of Calvin, I know for sure it isn't, but it does try. Mostly, it's simple pictures spouting various high minded bull that they quickly take down with a silly joke which may or may not be funny. It's uneven, but they do take a train backwards and forwards in time to have picnics. I like it enough to keep reading.
October 11, 2006 - I read it, I chuckle, I move on. I'm not sure why.
TODAY - It really hasn't changed much in all this time, and when it hits it out of the park, it hits it Pujols style. Most of the time, it's pretty miss, but even then you might find something interesting in it.
47. Chugworth Academy - Apparently, the artist used to draw porn. Now, he draws a webcomic involving lots of crude sexual humor. The art is actually pretty damn good, the stories damn funny, and the updates, um, sporadic I guess. Anyway, it's good, dirty fun, but no nudity (pissing off many of the comic's fans I guess), but lots of innuendo. If you're so inclined, I suppose you can read it in the dark, you sick bastards.
I probably wouldn't blame you.
October 11, 2006 - He's having issues keeping regular updates, but it doesn't hurt it much. Go figure.
TODAY - It tried a reboot, got something like 5 strips in and then ground to a halt. Will it keep going? No bloody idea. Oh well.
48. Edible Dirt - I posted this comic before but I guess you guys didn't like it for some reason. It does try to be like PLiF and Far Side, and on rare occasions actually makes it, so that counts for something. Other times, it falls flat on its ass. Still, for those brief moments of genius, it's worth keeping an eye on. At least, for now. But boy, is it ever slow to load.
October 11, 2006 - Still not as good as PLiF and Far Side, but again, there are moments.
TODAY - It's perhaps a bit gross, sometimes overly, but it's gotten pretty good. Comics are frequently funny and while it will never live up to the greats, it's still good. Just beware of the gross out factor.
49. I Am A Rocket Builder - One comic not enough for you? How about 4 comics in one? That's right, this guys is doing four separate comics that are quasi linked but all completely separate. He claims he did it to keep from getting bored, and if he keeps updating, I say more power to him. Be aware that at least one of the four comics is flash heavy and it works. Go figure. It's a young comic, so don't expect immediate greatness, but there's a lot of potential there.
October 11, 2006 - Long on updates, but when they come, they're usually something special. Worth reading through, for sure.
TODAY - It's dead. If you managed to find your way to the main page (I linked to the comic direct for this) you'll find some odd things, but no webcomic. I wish he had kept going, but I have a feeling he probably didn't have the desire to actually finish it anyway.
50. Kristy Vs The Zombie Army - Oh come one, just look at the title? If that isn't enough to get you interested, you are a worthless human being. The art style changes as you go along, the artist is pushing to improve himself/herself after all, but the level of humor and the ideas behind it remain the same. That and at one point Kristy gets a damn chainsaw. Read it already!
October 11, 2006 - Remains a fun read.
TODAY - Also dead. Well, "extended hiatus" is a more proper term, but it's dead. I think I started losing interest when the color ran out, it didn't feel as vibrant and alive after that anyway. So while I miss it, I don't miss it THAT much.
Two still on the read pile, 3 dead or damn near dead. Rare is the comic to last, I suppose.