Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wild Webcomic Review, 51 - 55

And back with another archive installment.  I hope you're not waiting for new reviews, I've been busy and haven't had the time to read new ones.  I haven't stopped looking for them, and suggestions are ALWAYS appreciated.  Onward!

May 4, 2006


51. No Room For Magic - This comic would be more interesting if it wasn't such a one joke comic. Hey, I know a comic can live off of having only one joke, but this one drains the joke like a vampire. The art is good, the ideas are fun, but in the end, it's just not that interesting. Maybe I have too high of standards on these things.

October 11, 2006 - It's updated I think twice since I wrote this review. Skip it, life is better spent on better comics.

October 11, 2008 - It was this comic that encouraged me do these re-reviews, not that it helped it any. This is by the same guy who does Count Your Sheep, which is a wonderfully sweet comic that will likely make you weep and cause your teeth to fall out at the same time. CYS is a damn good comic, possibly great. No Room For Magic is nothing like it. It actually has updated THIS YEAR, which is a shock, but not since August. Even so, it maybe has 20 strips since the beginning of the year (do the math folks, that's less than a strip a week). It just lacks, well, everything except maybe the art, which is about what you'd expect from this guy. I think he kind of realizes it too, as he only half-heartedly tried to restart it. Not worth even bothering to check if it updates honestly.

TODAY - It continues to update, and readers of CYS are encouraged to read it and his other comic.  I still don't read it.

52. Sam and Max - This is not a review, just informational. There is a new Sam and Max comic being drawn, er, painted. You'll see. You'll probably have to skip some stupid flash ad to get to it, but it is Sam and Max, you cannot resist. Unless you have no idea what I'm talking about, in which case you won't like this comic. Remember to hover over the images!

October 11, 2006 - The updates are sporadic and the humor twisted just right, but it still heralds the arrival of a new Sam and Max game.

TODAY - Hasn't updated in forever, probably as it was just an ad for the game.

August 04, 2006

53. Voices In My Hand - Yet another comic trying to be like the Far Side and The Parking Lot is Full. Yet another failure. Honestly, it's not even as good as Edible Dirt, which only has a few moments of being as good as either of the other two. The artwork is nice though, but the humor lacks something. It also hasn't been updated since 2004.

October 11, 2006 - The archives for this comic are gone. I know, I said no updates, but figured you'd want to know about this one.

TODAY - And it's back.  Not that I read it, I actually only realized it was updated when went to check the link for this review.  I have nothing more to say about it.

54. Here There Be Robots - Pirates, aliens and robots. What could be better? Dunno, but this is pretty good as it is. It's funny and interesting and even destroys the world at one point. All it's missing are ninjas, but then, they might still show up, you never know.

TODAY - Hasn't updated in a while, though it was going pretty well for a while there.  I still check it at least.

55. Ice - From the same person who did Demonology 101, which means I'm already inclined to like it. And I do like it. Dystopia future, drugs, death and some humor round out this ongoing story. Shame her updates are going sporadic due to, you won't believe this, actual work! She deserves the money, her stuff is damn good.

TODAY - Still one of the best comics I read, though it does seem to be nearing an ending.  Of course, the delays are due to her actually working, so I can accept that.  Always waiting for the update.

Two still on the read list, despite really, REALLY long stalls between updates.  I've done worse, that's for sure.  Until next time kiddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment